Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Change in HbA1c with weight loss

Hi all! I thought I'd just share this in case it's helpful for anyone else in a similar position (I had trouble finding specific examples related to the change in A1c with weight loss).

I've been losing weight since February of this year after finding that my A1c was 6.4--right under the line for a diagnosis of diabetes. I've been overweight essentially my whole life but was at my highest weight ever at that point. I got back on MyFitnessPal and am trying to focus on proteins, healthy fats and produce over carbs, but I still eat a moderate amount of carbs. Very little excercise (which I still need to address).

I went back to my doctor to see how I'm doing a couple days ago, and my weight loss (11% of my starting weight) was enough to decrease my A1c to 5.6--in the normal range!! I have a lot more weight to lose, but I am so relieved that I've been able to make this much progress with my blood sugar.

Please remember that every little bit of weight lost makes a difference!! I am of course not saying that excercise doesn't matter (of course it does for health!), but please don't get discouraged and give up if you're still figuring things out. As they say, "Perfection is the enemy of progress." It all helps!!

submitted by /u/Apprehensive_Bee123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/BzYlnXS

No comments:

Post a Comment