Saturday, August 27, 2022

Imposter syndrome from losing 90 pounds?

I don't know how else to explain it but, I lost 90 pounds in the last year and it feels amazing as I'm settling into my new body and really getting used to it. But, when I look back on what I did to lose it, it almost feels like I didn't even do anything? Or it feels like I didn't even work that hard? I mean duh I worked hard and made sacrifices and it wasn't easy. But even when someone compliments my weight loss, I say thank you but I feel like they're praising me for something I don't even feel I did, or something I (now) feel like wasn't even "that hard".

It's so weird how when you're in the thick of your weight loss journey/lifestyle change, the mental anguish can be exhausting and it feels like it's never gonna end. But once you get through it, it feels like it wasn't a big deal at all. I guess the same could be said about a lot of achievements, things like school, work promotions, etc. But for anyone still going through their journey, just know that this is how it feels towards the end of it. It's a strange but really rewarding feeling and makes you wonder "why didn't you do this sooner, you dummy?".

Anyone else feel this?

submitted by /u/edamamecheesecake
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/yqfZou9

No comments:

Post a Comment