Friday, August 19, 2022

My Journey how did i get so big?

HMM where do I start. In 2014 after being sidelined from work because of ultra venous ulcers, morbid obesity, sleep apnea and pretty much just existing in life at 789 pounds. My life consisted of taking my oldest child to practice having to show up early for games to get a handicapped spot just to be able to walk without collapsing from shortness of. breath ordering size 72 pants and 10x polos because its all thats available you kind of get the picture get the picture.

Fast forward to 2022 the good news is Im alive. For the past two years my weight has stayed between 380 and 400 pounds. I think when you get big you stop seeing yourself in the mirror (heck my stomach hung down so much from the bathroom vanity mirrors point of view at some point my stomach stoped getting rounder and fell down.

In 2017 I had drastic change in appetite. i wish I could say I counted calories,tried a fad diet, hit the gym. I did none of those things in fact when i wanted Soda I have it when I want chocolate or sweets I indulge.

What Ive learned is this. Being obese is a prison. Physically it becomes near impossible to do anything. This isn’t about that…. Im speaking its a mental isolation. Its funny there is times I will wake up at night or in the morning and start to do that long push to sit up and I will have to pause and go what the heck Im not pushing 800 pounds this is easier and I sit up easier. My weight loss came by a few primary methods one I stopped eating when I was bored. Which was probably the biggest. Two I noticed the bigger I got I would ask people for help simple tasks like “hey can you hand me that”. Thirdly I didnt pay attention to my weight or a scale. I noticed each day I just felt a little better.

WILL CONTINUE LATER

submitted by /u/newj319
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/NoPbzl0

No comments:

Post a Comment