Monday, August 29, 2022

I'm within 5 pounds of my goal weight and I am terrified

I'm F, mid twenties, 5'11 and started yet another weight loss journey 10 months ago at my heaviest ever which was 220lbs.

This time was different, I recently had a massive change in personal circumstance, work life balance and food accessibility that gave me more support for trying to lose weight. I also wanted to form a lifestyle change for permanent improvement in my health rather than only caring about how quickly I could get the scale to change. I have never previously maintained weight loss for over 1-2 months. I would reach a weight or starting goal I was happy with and totally relax/rebound binge my way to an even higher weight than before.

Over the last 10 months using CICO and a more relaxed approach to healthy eating and fitness I have managed to lose 50 lbs. It felt like such a big loss that I had failed again and again so I couldn't fathom ever reaching my goal weight (165lbs). I instead broke up my goal into 10-20lb milestones that I kept chipping away at and achieving. I've seen positive changes in my body now both how I look and how I feel but I'm so close to my final goal weight and I'm so scared.

I'm scared I'm going to slip again and yoyo back up to heavier than ever. I'm scared this weight 'isn't natural' for me like people have said to me and I'm going to struggle so hard forever to try and maintain it. Im scared I'm going to slip back into disordered eating. I'm scared I'm going to get to my goal and not be happy with my body like my peak fitness still isn't good enough (especially with excess skin following chronic yoyo-ing for 5 years).

Has anyone else had fears about reaching your goal? Maintainers how was it working to stay the same? What should my plan be when I finally get where I have been aiming for years?

submitted by /u/ukulelefish1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Z8cQHSy

No comments:

Post a Comment