Wednesday, August 31, 2022

"Addiction" (?) to Chocolate

Dear r/loseit

After a rather troubled past with my body image and size (developing BED when I was 15 to turn into EDNOS and drastic weight loss due to unrelated illness which definitely didn't help) I am now finally at a somewhat comfortable weight and am working on building muscle and getting more in shape. I do not weigh myself anymore, but I am wearing an European size 34 to 36 at a height of 160cm (5'3). However, as the title states, I seem to have a very hard time resisting chocolate. It's not all sweets, I have no problem turning down gummies or candy, but if there is chocolate (or chocolate chip cookies) in the house, I can't control myself well. The problem I have is (currently) not weight gain, but that I waste a significant amount of my calories on chocolate and can't eat normal portions at mealtimes...

What I have tried so far: - Having no chocolate in the house - I just bought a chocolate bar on the way home from work - Trying habit streaks / working with apps - I just gave up after a while - making rules for myself to not eat any chocolate at all - I just gave up again. - only eat dark (80%) chocolate - doesn't work because I love dark chocolate... - asking my husband to remind me of my goals when I open the fridge / want to buy chocolate at the store - while he is lovely and very supportive, I just get frustrated about myself and start crying... (Am working on my mental issues, don't worry)

My goal is not to completely cut chocolate out of my life, but to reduce the amount I eat to a little bit and not ~30% of my daily calories.

Have any of you had any comparable experiences either with chocolate or another food? Did you find anything that helped? I just want to stop worrying about such a "silly" problem and focus on working on my new life I worked so hard for...

submitted by /u/IllfittingShirt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WJFyEn8

No comments:

Post a Comment