Monday, August 29, 2022

Tips for practically scaling big portions

Hi,

Over the past ~6 years I've put on roughly 40kg - largely due to life stress and a lack of self-care. I'm looking to start my weight loss journey and understand that I need to be in a caloric deficit to lose weight. My issue is this: I've been eating so poorly for so long, and my portion sizes throughout the day are significantly more than where they should be.

Does anyone have any practical tips on how to deal with this? Do I just go in hard and restrict my portion sizes heavily to meet the calorie count per day, or should I be looking to scale down over time to healthier portion sizes? If so, does anyone have any advice on a method that worked for them or have any research that I could read around methods? I've struggled (and continue to) with binge eating and my concern around heavy restrictions is that it's likely to result in even harder binging, which worries me greatly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

submitted by /u/fat-2-fit-au
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/x0zdwy/tips_for_practically_scaling_big_portions/

No comments:

Post a Comment