Monday, August 22, 2022

I don’t see a difference after losing 45 pounds.

I started my weight loss journey in February weighing 270 pounds. I’ve struggled along the way and went back to my old habits for a couple of weeks. After getting back on track and motivating myself I’m down to 225. People around me tell me I look better, and they can really see the difference in my face and body. But I can’t. I even took before and after pictures but they look the same to me. My entire life I’ve always felt huge. About 5 years ago I started emotionally eating and bingeing, causing me to gain a bunch of weight. When I was at my heaviest, I looked back to pictures of my younger self and realized I wasn’t actually fat. But I swear actually being my younger self I was convinced I was big. My overall goal weight is 140, but more realistically 160. I guess I’m just worried that when I reach my goal I’ll still feel the same way. I know looks shouldn’t matter but that’s what I’ve been critiqued on my whole life. My grandma telling me I look “bigger” wearing my dads shirt. My mom telling me to suck in my stomach for pictures. All the words people have said stuck with me. How can I make that stop? How do I look past all that and truly see my body for what it really is? I just want to be happy and feel comfortable in my own skin for once.

submitted by /u/demonnipples
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/f7E5tDT

No comments:

Post a Comment