Saturday, August 27, 2022

Using Loose Skin as an Excuse (20 m)

6,1 CW : 295 GW: 210

Hi All!

I hope you are doing well today and sorry for the long post. I just thought there would be no harm in explaining my thoughts, and hopefully get some advice along the way

I am currently sitting at around 295lbs (134 kgs). For lack of a better way of putting it, I am extremely embarrassed about this. I grew up in an extremely sporty family, and was quite sporty myself up until I tore my shoulder and my hip flexor in an accident. Since then, I stopped going to the gym or playing football (Australian version), got a girlfriend and got way too comfortable, putting on around 100lbs (45kgs) in around 2 years.

Since the accident, I have made excuse after excuse as to why I was putting on the weight. I have finally decided I have had enough though, and have set myself up a plan (with friends and family to hold me accountable) and get out of this situation I’m in. My goal weight is around 210lbs (95kgs), as that’s where I have always felt comfortable.

With this all being said, the biggest thing that scares me about this weight loss is loose skin. As I am about to attempt to lose closing on 85 pounds or 39 kilos, loose skin is basically a guarantee. This absolutely terrifies me to the point I struggle falling asleep, as I’m so scared of how my body would look (especially as a 20 year old).

I have had a chat with another redditor who has had an amazing weight loss journey about how he deals with it, but I was just wondering if anyone else had advice on minimising the amount of loose skin that I’m going to get, or how they deal with it.

I know this will appear stupid to most people, but as a 20 year old this thought is really affecting me.

Thank you!!

TLDR; 20 years old, and the idea of having loose skin from a 84lbs (39kg) weight loss is killing me - requesting advice/tips and tricks

submitted by /u/Colbision
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/5pHN17w

No comments:

Post a Comment