Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Losing 4-6 pounds per week is okay according to my doctor ?

My BMI is now 30.1

I lost about 23 pounds in my first month of diet and exercise. Yesterday I saw a primary care physician who specializes in weight loss. I was worried that losing weight too quickly could create problems, but she said not to worry about it as long as I am getting adequate nutrition.

I eat 1700-1900 calories per day . 6ft0 male age 34 current weight 222, highest weight was about a month ago 245

The doctor also prescribed Phentermine 15mg , and recommended to continue to stay on the medication even once I have reached my ideal weight of 170 pounds. I have lost weight in the past but always gained it back after 6/12 months…. And keep getting heavier each time

My question….

I had never been this heavy before (245, BMI 33.2) and I am terrified about having loose skin. I read a lot online that it says losing weight quickly can contribute to loose skin, and exercising can help to reduce the problem. But the more I exercise I he more I lose weight , so these two things seem contradictory? Also I am wondering if this is really accurate , how does the rate of weight loss have any effect on the actual skin itself , does that even make sense ? And how would exercise accomplish anything ?

submitted by /u/OpeningParty5106
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/fLlgVK7

No comments:

Post a Comment