Friday, August 12, 2022

Back in a healthy bmi, with unhealthy ‘sugar’

So, I went to the doctor a week or so ago, and I was so proud of myself for finally getting back into a healthy bmi range! I’m 5’ 3” and struggled so hard to get from 155lbs down to 140lb. I know it’s not a lot, and I’m only barely in the healthy range now, but it took so long and was so emotionally difficult, I was extremely proud of it. Then the doctor did some blood work and called to tell me my ‘sugar is up’ and I need to watch my cholesterol and go on a diet. I’m so frustrated and honestly pretty heart broken. Being able to eat smaller amounts of food I like, not cut out food groups was got me through the weight loss. So yeah, I guess part of this is a vent.

I have to cut out/down carbs and sugar now, and I need some advice. I already use Splenda instead of sugar, and only drink diet soda. My big concern is my husband is a carb fanatic, and it’s going to be so hard watching him eat pasta while I’m stuck with zoodles. Lol. Has anyone else gone through something like this? What are your best carb substitutes? Any advice on resisting the carbs I cook for my husband, or recommendations of low carb alternatives we may both like? I love baking, can I just use Splenda instead of sugar and make like crust less pies? Is there any way to enjoy desserts without carbs? Do I have to go keto? I love fruits & veggies and don’t want to lose them… Am I just overthinking this all? Help!!!

submitted by /u/sweetlady03
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/qmB2NTE

No comments:

Post a Comment