Sunday, August 28, 2022

Is OMAD safe?

Because it's the only thing working for me.

I tried so hard to go against my body's natural cues and cravings and struggled with weight loss for so long, that I practically completely stopped trying to lose weight.

It was a total nightmare - I, a mostly sedentary 5'2" woman, needed to eat 1200 calories to lose weight and everyone and their mother kept telling me to eat 3 meals a day. Well, 400 calorie meals were so depressing to me, and trying to make the food I enjoyed low-cal was sucking the life out of me.

Let's get one thing straight - I love food, but that doesn't mean I love just what's considered unhealthy food. What excites me most of the time isn't deep fried chicken, it's salads with ingredients like high quality olive oil and good parmesan (not that there's anything wrong with deep fried chicken - yum!).

My point is, what always frustrated me is that I felt like I have to cut back on things that are good for me or things I eat in moderation anyway, just so I don't go over those 1200 calories. I hated stressing over how many pecan nuts I had put in my salad, or measuring my olive oil (I'm a Mediterranean girl, so that's basically a crime). I hated reading "Just cut back on coke!" online, when I don't drink coke to begin with. No, I was just a short woman who couldn't have nice things.

Until I allowed myself to not have breakfast. I'm always nauseous in the morning anyway, and coffee and fresh lemon/orange juice keep me feeling full for up to 5 hours after waking up. When lunch came, I allowed myself to eat what I want, dessert included. No, I don't want that low-cal thing pretending to be an ice-cream, I want a Magnum Caramel Gold, thank you very much!

After I allowed myself to really eat as much as I needed to and eat food I actually enjoy, I realised that I stay full for a long time. Even if I had a craving in the evening, it wasn't because I was actually hungry, and when it was, I allowed myself a small snack (again, something I enjoy).

I am losing weight like I've never had before (not to brag). It's so much easier for me mentally to eat just one meal a day (and have a few drinks/snacks), than to obsess over calories. It just feels so much more natural to eat this way, instead of dividing meals into 3 just for the sake of having breakfast, lunch and dinner. I also feel like I found a way to cheat the system, and to be who I always was - a foodie.

So, after this long-ass post (sorry), I wanna ask you if eating like this is safe? Can I do it for a longer period of time? What has your experience with OMAD been like?

I really appreciate your insight!

submitted by /u/SleepyAqua
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/CtwAoIl

No comments:

Post a Comment