Sunday, August 28, 2022

Follow up: I wasn’t getting enough protein or veg (shocker) πŸ™„

Soooo this probably won’t come as a shock to most of you but I posted earlier about some side effects of my fast weight loss (hair loss, fatigue, bad skin, poor sleep quality, despite enough hours etc.) and I did a deep dive, writing down all of the foods I like and how much protein and calories are in a serving (and weighing out with a food scale what a serving looks like).

… Turns out I wasn’t getting enough protein or nutrients. Despite supplementing with vitamins (which is maybe the reason it took me so long to notice). Obviously I was still in a deficit since I was losing weight, but I really think the cut was too deep considering how few nutrients I was getting and how much I was walking (6 miles, 15,000 steps daily without fail). I am quite overweight so I figured I would be fine because my body could just run off the extra fat if I was starving, right? (Wrong).

I can’t even tell you how much protein I was getting but it wasn’t anywhere close to 100g a day. I was wasting my calories on junk food. No wonder I felt like shit.

Conversely I was terrified of overdoing it on healthy things like nuts and meat so I would keep my portions of THOSE things tiny (like not even half a serving size). My “snack” would be a single walnut and two cashews. My “protein” would be a slice of turkey (the thin kind from the Oscar Meyer pack) which isn’t even 2 oz. But then that inevitably would lead to me eating 2 cookies later instead of 1. There goes my calories for the day! Might as well skip breakfast. And the cycle continued. I would basically live on caffeine and sugar.

Thank you for correcting me and teaching me the low-calorie protein hacks. πŸ™πŸΌ hoping the next check in will have better news.

submitted by /u/fastinggrl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1ZQlDIE

No comments:

Post a Comment