Saturday, August 13, 2022

Best way to lose weight at my age and height?

20F here. I’m 5’3 and weigh about 170 to 180 pounds. My goal weight is 120 to 130 pounds. Ambitious, I know, but I would celebrate any weight loss at all, and I’m so tired of being overweight that I think I could muster up enough self control to stick to a diet and exercise plan.

I don’t want to lose weight for aesthetic reasons. I don’t dislike my body but I know that it’s unhealthy. On top of that, my family has a long history of health problems, including diabetes and heart disease, and I know now is the best time to get in shape to help prevent these conditions. Also, not exercising or eating correctly is definitely contributing to the bad mental space I’ve been in.

I took some time off from college (I plan on returning in January) due to being diagnosed with two serious mental health disorders. I felt lost, hopeless, and I quickly slipped into depression. Right now, I’m getting little to no exercise, and while I don’t consume many calories, I don’t eat many foods that are good for me.

What are the best things I can do to lose weight? A calorie deficit would be easy for me because I can be pretty self disciplined in that area if I try. I also genuinely enjoy healthier foods. The exercise is where I struggle. I’ve done a lot of research, and every source says something different, and it’s hard to tell what actually works, and beyond that, what works best.

So, I come here searching for real people who may have been in similar situations, or can otherwise give me useful advice. Anything would be appreciated, honestly.

submitted by /u/UnderstandingCalm803
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/B5jdvNZ

No comments:

Post a Comment