Friday, August 12, 2022

Looking for some peace and self-control around food

Hello everyone!

A bit of context: I (5’6 25F) have lost 30 pounds since my highest weight (180lbs to 150), but on many years. My fastest, and last weight loss, was now two years ago where I lost 10 pounds in 4 months. Not so fast, but still a gain.

I am very active; no problem with that. I love to move when I get the chance. I also only drink water, dark coffee and tea; I don’t drink my calories.

My big challenge, let’s face it, is food.

I know it since a while now, but I keep circling and circling around; I’m still stuck and been yo-yoing for two years.

I love food, and I tend to emotional eat. I also can’t resist temptation. I try, But at some point I lose self control. It’s as if I can’t think clearly around the food I love. I also have trouble listening to my satiety signals, because I love to eat and tend to overeat. I try to eat slower, but it doesn’t always work.

I am also very much pressured by people. If someone just did their « super special cookies, don’t you want some?? », then I have trouble saying no not to deceive the person. I know, I deceive myself by doing so, but I also please myself with the good stuff. Also I can’t eat a reasonable amount once it’s there, I just want some more and more.

Then, I look in the mirror, and feel awful because I wish I could reach that goal of mine; I feel like I betray myself every time. I think I’m 20 pounds away, but really being fat from childhood, I don’t know.

I read a lot about different techniques and tried many ways to monitor food, but it led me more into binging than anything else. I read a lot about binge eating and tried to delay and all, but near the food I can’t bring what I learned into play.

In short, I would really appreciate some tips to gain self control and peace around food :)

submitted by /u/MountainL0ver
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3yLeSht

No comments:

Post a Comment