Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Reminder: Just Trying Is Something To Be Proud Of

Recently I’ve seen a lot of folks posting negative thoughts about their bodies, how they’ll never lose weight, etc. I just wanted to chime in with a pep talk to remind everyone here that even if you haven’t reached your goal weight or lost enough weight that you feel you can show it off, making a conscious decision to make efforts towards bettering your health is hard, brave, and worthwhile.

I’ve done a lot of yo-yo dieting over the years. I’ve lost weight then put it back on. I’m currently stalling following some major steps in my weight loss journey – and it’s better than if I had not tried at all. Not trying means I let my health further deteriorate. Not trying means my goals get farther away. Not trying means I’m not physically able to participate in many experiences that have come to mean a lot to me. Not trying means I give up. Even now, while I’m stalled on my weight loss journey, I’m proud of myself for not throwing my hands up in frustration and quitting.

For many of us, the weight-loss journey is long, imperfect, and winding. This sub is a great place to commiserate or bounce ideas off of people who know the struggle that you’re going through. Just know that whether you are venting or proudly posting a progress photo or stuck in the doldrums, you matter, and investing in your health is something to celebrate.

submitted by /u/thatrhymeswithp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vs6hcZ0

No comments:

Post a Comment