Saturday, August 13, 2022

Been really disheartened only to become shocked

I wanted to share this post to help those who have been feeling disheartened, or frustrated at slow and steady weight loss, or those who feel so far from achieving what they want.

Short, sweet background: I've yo-yoed with my weight so many times. I've been too small, too big, and perfectly healthy weight. I've recently been through two pregnancies, a knee surgery, and loss of twin daughters, so I stopped moving and I started eating until I hit my all time biggest weight.

Starting: 320lb, 5"6, F, 30yrs. Bmi: 52.4

Current: 273lb, BMI: 43.8.

The last few weeks: I've been feeling so depressed doing the long game of slow, steady and healthy weight loss. When I came into the journey I thought I'd drop weight quickly due to my size and then stick with losing 2lb per week. I felt like my weight loss was going way too slow and it wasn't even noticable. I felt so far from any of my goals.

The realisation: I happen to be scrolling through previous weights, suddenly lo and behold...

  • I'm the lowest weight I've been in 3years
  • The 47lb I've lost over the last almost year matches near perfect to 1lb loss per week
  • I've decreased my BMI by almost 9
  • I've exercised a minimum of 4 days for an hour each week for last 5 weeks
  • I've reached a minimum of 8000 steps per day for last 7 weeks, including when I've been on night shift
  • Ive only had takeaways once in the last month
  • I've developed my cooking skills to a high enough level that I enjoy ever meal that I make which are both nutritious and low-cost

All of this while balancing a marriage, an 18month old toddler, two cats and an energetic dog. How? Just shy of 1 year - Cico, trying to move regularly throughout the day, walk more, and finding exercise that I find fun (aqua aerobics).

Sometimes the goals you set for yourself can be too much, or seem so far away. Even the little goals sometimes can seem too much.

Remember that you're getting there. Sometimes it might not seem like it, but with time results will come. Look for all the nsv including your mental and emotional well being. Celebrate the small things. Look back on old measurements, old photos, remind yourself how far you've come. Remember it takes longer to change a lifestyle than it does to diet, but a lifestyle lasts forever.

Remember most importantly, you are a champion. The fact you've worked so hard to change your mindset and habits is the hardest part, conquer the mind and the body will follow.

"Don't fight for victory, fight for self-improvement and victory will come"

submitted by /u/Aphita
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/gePFdDZ

No comments:

Post a Comment