Sunday, August 14, 2022

Doctor encouraging me to try weight loss drug to help heal knee injury. Not sure what to do.

I’m a 5’7” Female in my mid-20s and I currently weigh about 200lbs.

For the past two years, I’ve been working really hard to exercise regularly and eat healthy. I practice yoga 3 to 4 times a week, train in martial arts twice a week, and go hiking a few times a month. I even started biking to work. As for my diet, I am dairy free and only eat either fish or poultry occasionally. I love my fruits and veggies but I definitely over-eat sometimes.

Two weeks ago, I had an accident while exercising. I completely tore through my ACL in one knee. I have ACL replacement surgery scheduled for later this week and the doctors are saying that I won’t be able to put weight on my leg for a few weeks post-op. One doctor suggested that I lose weight to help with my recovery because less weight on my injury will help it heal faster and reduce the likelihood that I will do further damage to it. Because I can’t exercise right now, I don’t know if I’ll be able to lose weight otherwise and I’m really scared that I’m going to gain even more now that I have to be sedentary.

I guess I’m just looking for some advice. I would prefer losing weight through diet and exercise, but that isn’t really an option for me right now. I’m really worried about my knee healing properly and care more about that than anything. Has anyone tried weight loss using Ozempic (that’s what he is suggesting)? Is there a way to lose weight while being sedentary? Anyone else trying to lose weight while nursing an injury? Just looking for any support or ideas here so I can just be as healthy as I can.

submitted by /u/sassy_j
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/aJDOACG

No comments:

Post a Comment