Wednesday, February 1, 2023

2lbs a week weight loss seems impossible! How do some do it? What are your tips and tricks?

Hey all!

I have a family members wedding coming up later this year and want to shift my depression pandemic weight. I’m 233lbs 6’1 M and I assume around 30% body fat based off what that looks like on google. My goal weight is roughly ~180lbs.

Putting these numbers into a TDEE calculator, I am faced with ~1,300 for a 2lb a week weight loss which seems so so low compared to some of the others around my height and weight. I couldn’t imagine only eating 1,300kcal (especially whilst trying to get 150g protein!) for the next 6 months yet this is what it seems like is necessary to maintain a 1000kcal deficit.

I weight-lift heavy 3-4x a week and walk through hills to get to the gym so on those days my Garmin watch tells me i actively burn roughly 800 calories (the accuracy of this I don’t know!) so on these days a 2lb a week weight-loss seems more doable.

I can imagine some women out there with naturally lower TDEEs have to go even lower according to online calculators (sometimes under 1000kcal a day) to stay at their 1000kcal deficit, and I don’t believe it’s very healthy to eat such a low amount for extended periods.

So my question is how do people maintain that 2lb a week weight-loss? Is intense exercise an absolute must every single day? Some people here seem to eat 1800 ish a day and lose weight so fast, is it something i’m doing wrong or do I just have to swallow that hard pill that 1,300 + any exercise is the target I should be aiming for to lose 2lbs a week.

Would really appreciate all your help and advice as I am really stuck on how to continue progressing with weight-loss :)

submitted by /u/silverscaledfish
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ykID9ar

No comments:

Post a Comment