Friday, January 5, 2024

Body image issues after weight loss

This is a weird vent to have but I don’t know who else to tell about this. I’ve lost 16 kg/35 lbs, which, for someone at my height, really shows. In a lot of ways I’m very happy with what I’ve achieved, even if I still have some ways to go. But I’m now entering the problem where I look in the mirror and it’s difficult for me to recognise myself. My body, I think, looks better? But it’s really difficult for me to tell and I am getting upset about it without really understanding why. It’s almost like I’m struggling to accept that this is me now and this is also compounded by the irrational fear that this is all a fluke and I will somehow gain all the weight back overnight.

A big factor is that none of my clothes fit properly anymore. Everything is about two sizes too big for me and I’m finding myself very upset about it. I know it’s the kind of thing where people will respond with “you’re so lucky” or “I wish I had that problem” and I get that but also I really liked my clothes. I can’t afford to change my whole all wardrobe and I now hate how everything looks on me. I feel like I’m being ungrateful which is also giving me some kind of feeling of guilt, like my feelings are wrong and bad. I don’t really understand it but it feels unpleasant and I’ve been struggling with it a lot this particular week.

Has anyone had these or similar feelings after weight loss (no matter how big or small) and how did you cope with them?

submitted by /u/morifantra
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/JbgYDuw

No comments:

Post a Comment