Saturday, January 13, 2024

Mental Battle w/ Weight Loss

Hi! I'm not new to weight loss - in 2015 I went from 275 to 170. I've maintained at about 180-185 without really doing much over the years. Sometimes I'd be closer to 170 when really dialing in my nutrition, but mainly I'd say I stayed in that 180-185 zone. I could work out 4 times a week for 25 ish minutes and I really haven't had to watch what I eat or calculate anything.

However, over the past few years - I can tell a difference in my body composition and recently when I started tracking my weight again I was at 189.9 which was my moment that I knew I needed to really focus again on my physical fitness goals which have been on the back burner. During the pandemic I switched to body weight, functional workouts from weights and I definitely was not doing as much cardio or activity as I used to because of being home so much more. Also, I started grabbing a handful of chocolate chips and a scoop of peanut butter for lunch and there was hardly any protein or anything in my diet. I wasn't eating "a lot" but I was not eating anything helpful towards health/fitness. I recently had my blood work done and everything is good - but I am just not feeling my best. I am not worried I'll ever end up at my heavy point again. I've been through a pregnancy after losing all that weight and I got back down to 170 afterwards in just 3-4 months. I know I'm capable and I know what to do.

What has surprised me is how much of a mental battle it is to track and weigh again! I started doing Heather Robertson's program on YT this week which is weight based and I have been tracking on MFP eating around 1650 calories a day. I *know* I am not gaining weight however because I've been weighing daily (which is what I used to do to see my trends over time) - my mind is totally the biggest battle here. I can know it's probably water retention ( I am super sore), the change in routine, the short amount of time - and seeing that number stay the same is just psyching me out!

Has anyone else gone through this who has lost a significant amount of weight in the past? I was shocked because I have already lost 100 lbs and maintained within 10 of it so I assumed this wouldn't affect me at all.

submitted by /u/Ok-Education-5798
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2bCvHRX

No comments:

Post a Comment