Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Are shoe sizes running larger than they used to, or have my feet gotten smaller with weight loss?

Question in title. For reference, I'm 32F, 5'9", SW 348 lbs, CW 285 lbs, GW 180-200 lbs. I used to be an 11W-12 US in regular women's shoes, sometimes just an 11 in Torrid/Lane Bryant shoes, and a 10 in men's shoes. Last year, I was able to buy plain size 11 shoes in women's from Shein (an online Chinese shopping site), and they surprisingly fit. I've also gotten some shoes from Walmart in a women's size 11. I bought a pair of men's size 10 sneakers from Walmart about 2 months ago, and they were too big. A week or so ago, I borrowed a pair of men's 9 sneakers, and though they were a little snug on my bigger left foot, they fit perfectly on my right foot. I went to Costco the next day and bought some weatherproof sneaker boots in a men's 9 that fit a little looser and have had no issues.

I know jeans sizes (at least for women) have so much variation and seem to have increased. For example, an old size 22 pair of jeans I bought from LB at least 7 years ago is more snug than the size 22 jeans I just bought a year ago, even with similar body composition. I know shoe brands have variation too, but is it this much, especially in men's sizes? I personally think Costco tends to run a little large in some clothes and shoes, but the borrowed size 9 men's sneakers I tried weren't from Costco, the Walmart shoes aren't from Costco (though idk if Walmart sizes run large), and those Shein shoes were definitely not from Costco.

submitted by /u/kimi_cupcakes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pMTLP46

No comments:

Post a Comment