Sunday, January 14, 2024

Potatoooo

There have been several threads about the humble potato here, but I’ve had my epipha-tree this morning and can’t help myself.

Why, oh why, did it take me this long to question why potatoes are so demonized in diet culture? A couple of days this week I’ve had two air-fried hash brown patties for breakfast and legitimately I have been more satisfied for a longer period than if I were to eat eggs and bacon for breakfast. Are they the greatest choice? No. But I’m not on the bandwagon right now so I didn’t get them with CICO in mind.

There was discussion in one of the threads that brown rice used to be the go to carb but generally left someone feeling hungrier after their meal than they did before. I literally felt that comment in my soul.. and here I was just be boppin along thinking I’m broken and fighting a losing battle. I’m on prednisone so I still might be, but I feel a bit more optimistic this morning and not so alone. Maybe I can get back on the proverbial weight loss horse and actually find some success? What about potatoes makes my body feel satisfied that straight protein does not?? These questions are mostly rhetorical and I’m sure I’m going to come up with a hundred others. Anyway. Back to my potato research!

submitted by /u/henlo_badger
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/MYTuHxS

No comments:

Post a Comment