Sunday, January 21, 2024

The journey begins

Hi!
So, I'm not massively overweight (female, 1m74 for about 74kg, which would be 5'7 for 163 lbs), but I've reached the point where I "feel" it, my body no longer feels comfortable, I don't feel strong, and I even can feel some fat in my back when doing some movements.

It's been a rough couple of years and I have progressively stopped doing sports even when I thought I was holding on. I did decide to get back at it every now and then, but I came back too fast and ended up hurting myself every single time.

I've been doing better mentally lately and I think it's time for me to do a serious attempt at regaining my fitness.

I want to lose 10kg (20-ish lbs) or a little less. I think I can make it by the summer.

Instead of starting running again, I'll start with full body exercices to strengthen both my muscles and my joints. I actually started ten days ago, using the Down Dog Hiit app, which will be perfect to get started. I started with 15 min sessions. Today, I did a 35 minutes one. Every now and then, I'll go for a short run (2 to 5 km/1 to 3 miles), always after one of these trainings, to be sure that I am properly warmd up. I forbid myself to try to run 10km until I really feel much stronger. I will also try to jump rope once or twice a week.

I don't think I'll adapt the way I eat too much. I think I started eating too much when I stopped doing sports regularly, but I'm not eating too unhealthy altogether.

I never felt the need to make a proper training plan or to have an actual weight goal. It does feels strange, but I think it will help me regain control over my life.

Anyway, advice would be appreciated.

And just in case someone would be interested, I'd love to find a weight loss buddy to hold me accountable/that I'd hold accountable as well :)

submitted by /u/GreatnessDownTheRoad
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/XRN0wkh

No comments:

Post a Comment