Saturday, January 13, 2024

I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been, and have to change before I start to suffer

I’m 125kg at 180cm (29M). I need to change- I am getting short of breath after climbing stairs and feel exhausted all the time. Diabetes runs in my family so I need to be vigilant over my health. I’m terrified of going to a doctor in case I get diagnosed with a weight related health condition- my self-esteem is in my boots and it would crush me to know I have permanently damaged my health as a result of my lifestyle.

I am starting my weight loss journey again, but I am making a promise to myself that I will stick with it, no matter the cravings or setbacks. I have a habit of throwing in the towel for the day if I mess up and “diet starts tomorrow” which then becomes next week and next month and next year. Well 2 weeks into “diet starts next year” in back to square one again. I have decided to start now, and take my diet and myself seriously.

My goal weight is 65Kg which is where I was when I was 19. It’s ambitious but during this period I was at my most motivated and successful in all areas of my life. I was also happy and liked the way I looked. Ultimately I’m more invested in the health and my future than the number on the scale but I’m a goal oriented person.

I used this place once before where there was a daily check in for accountability. I can’t seem to find it and would be grateful if someone could link it if it still exists. Otherwise it’s nice to join your community again.

submitted by /u/ThatYewTree
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/KZgUTA3

No comments:

Post a Comment