Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Mindfulness and Weight loss. M33, 6'2, SW 291, CW 288.1, GW 199

I have been big my entire life but from my early 20's (when I lost over 100 lbs) until last year I never got over 250 and mostly hovered around 230. Yesterday, after a month of procrastination I got back on the scale and saw 291. It was a gut punch but not totally surprising. At first I felt terrible about myself but I decided to take a methodical and mindful approach this time around. I gridded out a calendar spreadsheet and nailed it to the wall in front of my scale to record my weight every day (no more avoiding the scale) and am going back into intermittent fasting which I have done before without sticking with it for more than a week or so. I am going to try 20:4 this first week to see how I do. With that short feeding window I hope to focus on deliberate eating without cutting everything out (will still eat pizza if it falls in the 4 hour feeding window). I am hoping that by inhabiting the present through the habits of weighing in, fasting and working out I will be less tempted to look forward to a future me that has achieved my goal weight of 199 lbs. Weight loss is hard but I am hoping to enjoy it this time around and really build good habits to take along for the rest of my life.

submitted by /u/bucksfan44234
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pcx8pA

No comments:

Post a Comment