Friday, November 5, 2021

Am I working out too much for weight loss?

I've lost 35lbs dieting alone, and with another 35lbs to go I wasn't really getting any further on diet alone and was probably starting to lose more muscle mass than fat.

So I've upped my game, I'm doing 1.5 hours per day on a recumbent bike at high intensity, and every other day a few sets of resistance.

My diet remains at about 1200 calories per day of fresh fruit, veg, vegan meat replacement stuff high in protein, drink lots of carbonated water.

So I'm wondering if I'm perhaps doing too much cardio on the bike, if maybe an hour is enough or even better. According to my top spec galaxy watch I'm in or above my anaerobic zone for 85% of the workout, but aware they are only a guide. I've basically being working out each day until I reach 1000 calories according to the watch (which has all my biometrics and body comp measured 24/7).

Is this too much? Would I get the same benefit doing less? I don't mind doing 1.5 hours per day as I'm getting through lots of movies, but my energy levels drop off after about an hour, so I don't know if I should just keep pushing through it, or maybe just stop before I get tired? I tend to add another 10 minutes on the end anyway as a warm down.

submitted by /u/AquaClock
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3o04mbv

No comments:

Post a Comment