Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Can't Enjoy My Weight Loss and It's Driving Me Crazy

In March I was 36 and 190 lbs at 5'9". A bit overweight for a guy. Pandemic weight is real people! Tired of feeling crappy I set out back to the gym, 4x a week, and just made healthier food choices and drank a lot less. Counting calories isn't safe for me. That led to an eating disorder in my 20s.

By July I was down to 175 lbs and feeling a lot better. Some health issues I had also resolved themselves suddenly. Basically unexplained aches and pains.

I was feeling so great I added a cardio class on Wednesdays. Regardless of the extra work the scale really wasn't reflecting it and I got down to 170 lbs and plateaued. I didn't mind so much because I knew my clothes fit better.

Then come mid-September I had a particularly stressful work week and boom, 4 lbs gone. I attributed this to stress and eating less that week, but I never put the weight back on. I thought that was kind of strange but I didn't overthink it.

In mid-October I was at the same weight when I went to visit my doctor for a sudden low back/frequent urination issue. The urination issue resolved and the back pain issue improved but isn't totally resolved.

Immediately following that appointment I went to San Francisco for a few days and was living my life when BOOM, another 5 lbs gone over the next couple weeks after being stalled. I am thinking this has to be related to not eating as much again, some work stress, missing meals while still working out the same, etc. My weight still seems to be dropping little by little slowly but surely. I tried to eat more calorie dense meals for a few days but it hasn't seemed to slow it, so I must be thinking I'm eating crazy when I'm really not. Also my strength has remained the same or improved even though I've lost weight, so I don't think I'm losing muscle albeit measurements of my waist remain unchanged.

My brain though is going into paranoia mode of MAYBE SOMETHING IS WRONG! Never have I thought I'd be concerned about losing weight, but here I am.

My question is...does this read like I broke through a plateau simply by changing up my eating patterns? When is weight loss cause for concern? Is there anyone out there who just started losing weight in bursts?

Much appreciated.

submitted by /u/reelmike84
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31yENXD

No comments:

Post a Comment