Monday, November 1, 2021

I got past the plateau!

I (39M) weigh myself on the first of every month. This keeps me from constantly jumping on the scale so I can focus on the process and not the results. But for three months in a row, I was stuck hovering around 225 lbs.

Google led me to an article talking about something they called a set weight point. The idea is you can lose OR gain 5-10% of your set weight point relatively easily before your body slams on the brakes by conserving or wasting calories to keep you from going too far from your set weight. Eventually, if you stay at that weight, your body's like, "Fine, I guess this is what we weigh now," and that becomes your new set weight point.

I didn't know whether to rely on this; it seemed to be based on solid research, but you know how it goes with those things. But today I weighed in at 221, down from last month's 226! I'd thought I'd made some progress lately, like my belly was a little smaller and my muscles were a little more defined, but it's good to have confirmed.

I'm trying for another 10 lbs before Thanksgiving, at least 5. It'll be the first time I've seen any family aside from my parents since before my weight loss journey started about this time last year, when I was around 260 lbs. I was hoping to walk in at 180 lbs, but 'tis not to be. But it's still a transformation I'll be proud of.

submitted by /u/QualifiedApathetic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kgmlcP

No comments:

Post a Comment