Thursday, November 4, 2021

I gotta tell SOMEBODY!

So I've officially lost 11lbs and I have nobody to talk to about it... which is why I'm here!

My story:
When I was 19 I lost 60lbs by low carb dieting and went from 180lbs to 120lbs. I was happy, hot, and amazed by myself. I managed to keep myself around that weight until my early 30's, when the weight started creeping back. I got to 140lbs and was trying to get to 130, at least. I'm only 5' tall so believe me, this isn't as drastic as it sounds. A combo of PCOS and stress did that, mostly, but then 2 years ago I got hit by a bus and added 10lbs. Then the pandemic happened and another 10lbs. Then I had surgery on my shoulder and was (and still AM) in constant pain due to capsulitis.

My docs prescribe me metformin for the PCOS and an antidepressant that supposedly helps with nerve pain. Well the antidepressant also has a side effect - it's a big appetite suppressant. So for the first few weeks, I was eating under 1,000 calories a day. I kinda got used to it, and when the appetite side effect wore off, I was still steadily losing just by eating 1,200 calories a day.

That was a little over a month ago, and today I've lost 11lbs. The fact that I can eat whatever I want and just keep the calories under 1,200 is so FREEING. I've been eating low carb so long, just eating fruit feels like a huge luxury. I'm over here eating grapes like they're candy. I eat apples like they're cake. I'm so fucking happy I can finally eat like a regular human being. I still do low carb in a lot of ways (like substituting radishes for potatoes in stews) but I get to eat oatmeal for breakfast and it's so AWESOME.

I'm sure my weight loss would go faster if I could exercise the way I used to (running 3 miles every day..), but my capsulitis has reduced my mobility a lot and I'm in constant pain. So mostly I'm losing through calorie counting, which gives me anxiety. I still have another 20lbs to go before I reach my goal of 130lbs. If I can get there, I'll see about MAYBE getting down to 120, but I'm still kind of scared of stalling and this weight loss coming to a crash before my eyes. I'm scared it will stop working. Historically, CICO never worked for me because of my blood sugar issues. Now that I can do it, I'm so paranoid it will just stop suddenly.

I can't talk to friends about this because my friends are all body positive, HAES people, and that is FINE. I got no issues with that and I don't want to trigger anyone with weight loss talk. For me personally, I just know I feel better at a certain weight, so I wanna get there. I'm just happy that I can do it in a way that doesn't make me have to eat like a weirdo, anymore.

20lbs to go!!

submitted by /u/nerdorama
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3q33Egh

No comments:

Post a Comment