Saturday, November 6, 2021

I've hit a real plateau

I've lost 200 lb the last 2 and 1/2 years utilizing the keto diet. I didn't do much exercising, I just focused on my diet and the pounds kind of just went away. Last Christmas I had my first cheat day since I had started keto and that sent me on a several months long bender where I was benging and eating tons of sugar and processed foods. Although I have finally gotten back to eating low carb, I still find it hard to resist the urge to binge. And even though I'm binging on keto friendly foods, I know it's sabotaging my weight loss.

I've been working out with a personal trainer for about three and a half months, I think that's really the only reason I haven't gained any more weight. But my weight loss is at a standstill, and I'm not sure how to get back into the mental space that I was in in order to focus on the weight loss without overeating and sabotaging myself. It's getting to the point to where I am obsessing over food which I know is putting me in a worse mental position to be able to handle weight loss.

I got down to 248 pounds from 480, but I've gone back up to about 295 to 305, (the scale stays between those numbers). My goal weight is two hundred pounds, but I am unsure how to get past this hurdle. I'm starting to feel maybe it's possible to have some kind of compulsive disorder but I am no therapist so I can't really say...

Can anyone relate? Does anyone have advice on what I can do to get back on track? I just want to get to a point to where I don't have to obsess over food, where I don't have to binge in order to feel good because ultimately it just makes me feel like shit.

submitted by /u/localnative1987
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3H0QIxl

No comments:

Post a Comment