Saturday, April 23, 2022

2 weeks into maintenance! Calorie advice?

Hi folks, hoping to get some clarity and advice on maintenence calories!

About me: - 39, female, - Met my goal weight of under 170 lbs on 4/7/22 - 50 lb weight loss since 4/13/21 - Workout 6x per week (4 days on, 1 day off) rotating between running, walking, stationary bike and kettlebell workouts, approximately 30-60 minutes a day

I had been eating 1650 calories a day, and since hitting my goal, increased it to 1750 for the last two weeks, and kept my workout frequency the same. I figured I would still be expecting some weight loss at this rate as according to TDEE my maintenance calories should be around 2400 at a "moderate exercise" level, and therefore would be slowly adjusting it up every two weeks until I got to a sweet spot where I was no longer losing.

To my dismay, after two weeks, I'm up 3 pounds already - my lowest was 169.2, and this morning is 172.4. I always weigh myself consistently in the morning before eating.

Is it typical at the beginning of maintaining to get a weight gain surge? Obviously 1,400 extra calories over two weeks isn't = to 3 lbs of weight, but I'm wondering if somehow increasing my calories slowed my metabolism down since my body is now getting an increase?

submitted by /u/Crystalynne
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/r6Qp7u8

No comments:

Post a Comment