Sunday, April 24, 2022

How do you sit with discomfort/stress without binge eating?

Hello all — I’ve (29M) made a lot of progress on my weight loss journey but a recent job change and some family struggles have halted my progress and sent me back into the overweight/obese borderlands.

I realized today that I definitely use comfort foods (sweets, peanut butter, even sugary coffee drinks) as a coping mechanism for stress. Together, the extra hours I’m putting into this new job + lack of exercise + stressful conversations has helped me add about 20 lbs over the past 4 months, after losing 70 lbs over the past 3 years from my initially obese self. Totally not good, and I feel less in control that I did on the journey down.

Today when in a heated argument with a family member about a personal topic, I literally saw the image of peanut butter flash across my minds-eye and I had a huge craving even though I’d just eaten a sizable healthy meal. That’s when I realized it’s become a real problem. Has anyone else had this happen, and how did you deal with it more sustainably? All advice is appreciated!

submitted by /u/Temper03
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vjONsD3

No comments:

Post a Comment