Thursday, April 21, 2022

I have PCOS and my endocrinologist prescribed phentermine-topiramate combo for weight loss. New trainer is refusing to work with me.

My primary doctor referred me to an endocrinologist at the hospital's weight loss clinic. The endocrinologist specializes in PCOS patients as well.

Upon talking to her and reviewing my medical history, and my battle to lose weight for the past 5+ years while meal prepping, counting macros, intermittent fasting, working with a personal trainer etc, she recommended wegovi. Given the cost (~2k/month), she recommended we start instead with phentermine-topiramate. We went over the risks and clinical evidence for the medication.

I recently decided to switch personal trainers, and in contacting one that therapist recommended, she insisted that I do not take the medication. She said that she can help me lose weight without it. I asked her many times the types of PCOS that her clients had and what was their success rate, and she never replied. She keeps asking "do you think you can do it without the medication?" Well lady, I wouldn't be going to an endocrinologist if I didn't need help. It really upsets me when people, especially trainers, cannot understand that some of us have tried everything and have a good handle on our nutrition. Or when they say that they have trained PCOS patients but still insist on diet plans or modalities that are not really sustainable long-term. No one should be counting macros for the rest of their lives.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I wanted to see if anyone had experience with PCOS and taking the medication. Thanks so much!

(Cross posted in r/PCOS)

submitted by /u/Extreme-Department-4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/HawhPvI

No comments:

Post a Comment