Monday, April 25, 2022

Saving my life…..and my marriage (Update)

Heres an update to my post two weeks ago. “Saving my life…..and my marriage” has turned into “Saving my life….and my relationship with my son”. My wife has decided that she wants to leave me. It hurts…badly….but after a lot of self-reflection and honesty the part that hurts is knowing I won’t see my son everyday or have my partner to help raise him. We weren’t a great match and we grew apart…The great thing is that this has given me even more determination to lose it. I weighed myself the night of 4/11 and I was 399 lbs. Last night when I weighed myself I was 381. I know there is water weight and what not to be factored in but it feels good to see that number go down. My first week I walked a mile each day and I have been keeping my carbs under 20. On 4/20 I had my first screening with my weight loss doctor and left there excited to tell my wife about it. When I called she seemed disinterested…it was that night she told me she wants to move on. After trying and failing to change her mind I decided its best to leave her be for now and focus on myself. We still have to live together another 2 months. It has been a VERY hard last few days for me…I haven’t really wanted to eat. I had to force myself into eating at least something each day. I know this is awful for my overall weight loss/ lifestyle so I am trying to force myself out of it. Last night I made 4 big pieces of chicken for me to cut up and use throughout the week and tomorrow night my fit friends are going to get me started on weights at the gym. I am curious how much weight I can lose in the next few months. Maybe I don’t need the surgery….Anyway I am 18 lbs down in the last 2 weeks. Heres hoping the scale keeps going down and I can maintain while going through a divorce.

Original Thread: https://old.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/u220u3/saving_my_life_and_my_marriage/

submitted by /u/ClayTheMage
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/PqpBvNg

No comments:

Post a Comment