Tuesday, April 26, 2022

He is only making it worse and I cannot escape

I (24F) am back living at my mom's house with her and my step dad. My step dad is really, really bad about policing what other people are eating. He says it's just "because he cares", but his remarks often come off as condescending and full of judgment.

I am 240lbs and T2 diabetic as a result, just as background info. My mom has also struggled greatly with weight gain/loss and emotional eating, so she gets it. And she's also had a lot of success with weight loss, so she knows how to do it as well.

Tonight during dinner was really rough. My mom was finishing up her food but decided to give me her extra rice. My step dad snapped at her and said that I can't eat rice because I'm diabetic. I had just eaten exactly the same meal of tacos with a side of rice (which he prepared, no less). It didn't seem like a big deal to finish off hers so it wouldn't go to waste. But he claimed that I was now eating a second meal, and therefore should not be allowed to eat anything else for the rest of the night. My mom yelled at him that he should stop caring so much about what other people eat since it's not his body, and only I can change things. He said that he "has to" because he's the "only one here who cares."

He doesn't believe me when I say that telling me that I'm going to go into a diabetic coma/get toes chopped off/that I shouldn't eat all that, only makes me want to eat 1000x more! He says "oh, bullsh*t" or "that's just a copout." He has never struggled with trying to lose weight or having a food addiction. So he doesn't get it, at all.

I guess I just needed to vent. I am really so sick of hearing this from him every day. He thinks he's helping, is making it worse, and doesn't believe it when he's told that he's making it worse. I cannot escape it and it almost makes me wish that I'd go into a coma just to not have to hear it anymore..
Has anyone else experienced something like this in their household?

submitted by /u/Stormwolf1O1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/az4OwRc

No comments:

Post a Comment