Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Starting to hate mirrors a little less

I'm down to 287 from a high of 350 last year, and I know I've never really liked what I saw my face in the mirror. I kind of hated it.

But I don't think I appreciated how abnormal it is to always feel worse after seeing my own face in a mirror. Now looking in a mirror always gets me cracking a smile!

And it's not like there's any one thing about my face that I can point to as having changed... it's just every time I see my face I can tell *something* is different in a good way.

That makes me feel like all of this struggling is paying off, and that gets me feeling better even when I'm down. I don't think the person I was at my heaviest (and most depressed) would have imagined that would ever be possible.

I still have a long way to go though. The other day I saw full body shot of myself riding a bike, and I still got uncomfortable and a little down... but part of that might be the fact a lot of my clothes became tents from the weight loss haha, and now that discomfort is mixed with determination to do something about it

submitted by /u/s-pop-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WDOT742

No comments:

Post a Comment