Thursday, April 14, 2022

What did you do to get your period back?

I'm 5'5 and 64 kg today, I've lost 15 kg in 15 weeks eating 1200 kcal for about six weeks but then bumping it up to what I thought was maintenance (checked the TDEE), 1600 kcal, but kept dropping some weight after that. I haven't excluded any macros and eat the standard that MFP recommends, but I've been low on gluten and dairy since it gives me acne. My period is gone and I need it again because me and my partner are trying to get pregnant with IVF. We thought we'd have to wait until the end of the year, but we got someone else's spot and now we're just waiting for my period to get started before the next big step.

I've been on some different birth control trying to stop a constant bleeding (endometriosis), which worked, and now I've been on some pills where the doctors are trying to get my period back, which I'm afraid won't work and it's stressing me out.

I've been eating 1600 kcal per day for almost two months, and been going to bodypump classes four times a week because I wanted to be fit if I would get pregnant. It has really given results. I have also been walking 10.000 steps each day. Now, I'm proud over my weight loss, but my hormones are a mess because of pills, diet and too much workout and I feel like an idiot. I only have myself and my stupid, vain ass to blame. I'm bitter and ashamed.

This week, I decided to stop going to stop with the workouts and thought I'd up my kcal to 2000 or more until I get my period. I've been on a binge frenzy two days this week, thinking a lot about what maintenance kcal I should stay on after getting my period and how long it might take before it comes again. I know it can take months. I want to eat enough to get my period back but at the same time it's hard because of the work I've done so far losing the weight.

Have any of you lost your period, and did you actively do something to get it back? Did you just stay at some sort of maintenance after losing weight and eventually it started again? Or did you increase the kcal intake per day?

submitted by /u/goawf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nULi6z5

No comments:

Post a Comment