Monday, April 18, 2022

What Is Wrong With All The Internet Articles Saying A 1200 Calorie Diet Doesn't Work???

I was trying to help my wife feel better about her calorie deficit she has been maintaining. Her TDEE is roughly 2500, and she is eating between 1200 and 1500, so her deficit is at least 1000 calories if not more. She has only been going for about two weeks and she is getting extremely frustrated because she is not seeing any weight loss. I have personally lost 220Lbs before when I got to my Goal Weight just using CICO... and then when you know what hit in early 2020, I gained over half of that back because of depression... but that's besides the point. As I said, I used CICO to lose a ton of weight very consistently, and now we are both trying to simply have calorie deficits to lose weight.

I have tried to explain to her that she will lose weight guaranteed, but it is just a slow process. I have been giving her examples of how this will work if she just sticks to it. I have told her how this is just thermal-dynamics, math; you eat less, you weigh less. So in trying to make her feel better, I tried to search "Can you eat 1200 calories and maintain weight" on google, and all I found was many articles saying more often than not, 1200 calorie diets cause people to maintain weight. WHAT?????? So, I didn't want to tell my Wife that, but I really just wanted to check with all of the good people on r/loseit... there is no way you would maintain weight on a true 1200 calorie diet, unless you were 5'5" and weighed like 50Lbs... right?

Please tell me I am not crazy.

Any responses would be awesome, thank you!

submitted by /u/finchezda
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WhFIdPn

No comments:

Post a Comment