Sunday, April 24, 2022

I got asked if I was pregnant or fat today - I decided to say I was fat and my whole face turned red because I was so upset

A bit of a rant...I am 28 years old (F, 5'11'') and down 11 pounds from 198 to 187 since January 2022. I have made a lot of really positive changes in my life around mind, body, stress, sleep, food, and general mood. What is different for me "this time around" is that I know it's going to take me a while to lose the weight that took me so long to put on so I am looking at my weight loss journey with an attitude of "slow and steady wins the race." My goal weight is 140lbs.

What I didn't realize about this journey was how lonely it would be. My friend and I were supposed to do this together but it's just me going to the gym, doing classes, and changing my diet. I know what I need to do for me and so I am pushing on. Everyone else is enjoying life eating and drinking everything and anything while staying thin and I am doing it in moderation or not at all to stick to my goals that I committed to with myself. This is okay at the end of the day because I really am proud of myself and who I am becoming.

Today, however I was shook to my core. A little back story is that I went to a housewarming party for my neighbor and I live in a boomer neighborhood that we moved into about a month ago. Today was my cheat meal so I indulged in a margarita and half a chicken quesadilla for lunch plus I was a little hung over from drinking last night so I am slightly puffy. A neighbor approached, poked my belly and asked "are you pregnant or just fat?" - to try to diffuse the situation I said "I'm just fat" and tried to laugh it off. She said "I like this one" to my husband who was standing there laughing too because I am sure he could see I was upset and didn't know what to do. I could feel my entire face heat up and turn red. I excused myself and left the party. I am so upset and sad. My husband has been really supportive since we got home.

I know in my heart that I have made a lot of progress and she doesn't know how I looked four months ago and how far I've come. Also, I can't let her opinion get me down. But I need to admit that it's really tough not to see this as a step back. I need to throw away that dress I was wearing too.

Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/iloveChauncey
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/k4Rpuzc

No comments:

Post a Comment