Saturday, April 30, 2022

Do hot studios help with weight loss or have any fitness benefits?

I went to a Hot Pilates class today. The workout itself was not difficult. There was a lot of core work and squats and stretching. In a regular air-conditioned gym, I could have completed the workout, no problem. What was intensely difficult was the feeling of not being able to breathe properly. I almost passed out at the 40 min mark because I was lightheaded and dizzy. I sweated a lot. The instructor told me I'll get used to it, and to keep trying, but I am not sure if it is worth the effort to go back. I am at my heaviest now and I desperately want to lose 15kg in 3 months. I gym twice a week (strength training mostly), and do a longish bike ride of 50-70 km every week. If hot studios really help with weight loss, then I'm game to push through it. But the question is, do hot studios actually have this benefit, or any fitness benefit, compared to just going to another group class?

submitted by /u/bloopingplatypus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dUaRjKm

No comments:

Post a Comment