Friday, April 15, 2022

Not able to control my cravings after a heavy workout session

I am not if this fits this sub, but here you go.

Background (can skip)- About two months ago I decided to take my health seriously. I was feeling really ashamed of myself for letting me become what I was then, as I was an avid professional badminton player. I would eat a lot of junk (KFC, Kebabs, Shawarmas, pizzas) all of them in a day. And then come eat home food. All this was attributed to my stress eating as I work around 11-12hrs a day in a huge MNC.

Story - About two months ago I (22M; 6.2ft) was ~118kgs. Since then following a very strict regimen of exercises, I am ~110kgs, I am so proud of myself for this achievement. I have not had KFC, Dominos or any of such food for like a month. But I have realised after swimming in the evening (15-20 laps; 20m) or a weight lifting session at the gym, I get this unquenchable urge to eat. Like junk. Since a week, I have been trying to avoid this urge, but I always fail to do so, I eat something in a restaurant (unhealthy, but not as bad as what I used to eat before), and this is surely curtailing my weight loss motivation.

I read that there is this hormone called leptin that fat releases, but after some amount of fat reduction or after a workout, this hormone really transmits hunger signals. I am really enjoying the weight loss rn, but since around a week I have remained a ~110kgs. Can you guys please suggest to me tips/ tricks to avoid this? This is really affecting my mental state when I do not see adequate progress due to my own inability to stop myself from eating after a workout.

I can post my diet and exercise routine here if needed.

Thanks!

tl;dr: Lost significant weight, but since a week, after a good workout session, I tend to give in to my cravings and eat junk. Therefore any suggestions/ tricks/ tips or like mental resilience training is appreciated.

submitted by /u/theRealAriel666
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/FGbeXsz

No comments:

Post a Comment