Saturday, April 23, 2022

Maybe a silly question..

I hope this question makes sense to everyone. I'm 5 feet 7 inches, 165 pounds, and 67 years old. I'm trying to get down into the 140 lb range and I'm stuck. For the first time in my life, I had gained some weight and was up close to 180 lbs. The first 10 pounds came off like a breeze. There wasn't any problem at all, but then the loss came to a screeching halt. My friend suggested doing the 600 calorie a day diet where you only eat around 600 calories two days a week and the rest of the time eat about 1200 calories. I have found that I could do that, but my weight loss has completely stopped. I walk 3-4 miles 5 times a week, have a Garmin and I'm using MyFitnessPal. My question is concerning MyFitnessPal and the calories. Let's just say I eat 1000 calories in one day, but I have exercised and so I've burned 300 to 400 calories. When I'm looking at my total calories for the day, do I look at the actual calories I've eaten or do I subtract the exercise calories to get my total calorie count? For instance, yesterday at the end of the day, I had eaten 1000 calories. I had burned 300 with exercising and so it showed my total for the day was 700 calories. Should I look at the 700 number or should I look at the 1000 number when I'm deciding if I need to eat more or less for that day? Hope this makes sense. I'm tired of being stuck in this rut and would really like to get the rest of this weight off. I'm basically eating between six and 1200 calories a day, exercising almost every day, and it's just not coming off any longer. Thanks for any suggestions.

submitted by /u/Bugga1954
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/aw9ZduC

No comments:

Post a Comment