Monday, April 25, 2022

First day of trying to lose weight, and I'm feeling great!

Today marked my first day of my hopefully 25-30 pound weight loss journey! Before beginning this, I was admittedly a little apprehensive and felt very overwhelmed, but now that it's here and I'm officially getting started, I am feeling extremely optimistic and excited not only about shedding those extra pounds I've put on since I started working from home, but also just leading a healthier lifestyle in general.

I'm going by the CICO method, and have been counting my calories. I'll admit that this is all still very experimental, as I am trying to figure out what foods keep me fueled the longest (and let me just say, protein shakes are a definite no-go for me, lol). But I do think that even just within my first few hours of officially being on this journey, I've learned more about what my body needs. Definitely reworking some meal plans for the week now that I know my body doesn't like me replacing breakfast with protein shakes, but I stocked the fridge and pantry over the weekend with more than enough low calorie and healthy food options to keep me going! Already looking forward to my dinner and before bed snack I have planned!

Editing to add that I am just absolutely amazed by how much more healthy food I can actually eat for a smaller amount of calories compared to when I was eating unhealthy food consistently. It just blows my mind when I look at the calories on some of the foods I used to eat. I can get so much more with fewer calories and feel fuller for longer.

submitted by /u/Al115
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/jMtQC8J

No comments:

Post a Comment