Monday, April 18, 2022

How to lose body fat % and gain muscle

Hi guys, so for context, i've lost about 60 pounds over the past 2 years. I'm a 20 year old M, i am 5'11 and i went from 220 to 160ish. The thing is, my body fat % has almost stayed the same, i have lost fat yes, it is noticeable yes, but i am still leaning in the 20-25% body fat region. The thing is, for my height, 160 is pretty "skinny". So i assume my muscle mass is almost non existent. I struggle maintaining a gym schedule so most of my weight loss came from cutting calories and a lot of cardio.

My main question is this. Ultimately i would like to be around 185-200. But with a much more muscular physique. I do not want to be absolutely shredded, and im not even interested in putting on as much muscle as i can. I would just like to lose the fat i have in my stomach, love handles, and the rest in my face and at the same time gain muscle to increase chest size, leg size, and bicep/arm size. My thoughts are to eat at maintenance calories and just hit the gym regularly until i notice that i am not progressing as much/losing as much body fat, and then go into a calorie surplus from there to bulk and end up where i'd like to be. Just wondering if this thought process is correct? And if it is correct, is it bad to eat at maintenance calories while eating relatively bad food? I am a college student and meal prepping and making food every day is hard so i eat chipotle a lot, i eat fast food a decent amount, but i keep around the same amount of calories to make sure i don't gain weight. Can i continue with this diet, hit the gym, and see the results i'd like to see up until i have to go into a surplus? Thank you!

Side note, people keep telling me i should continue to lose weight, at my height and weight currently, if i lose anymore i will technically be underweight. This is the dilemma i've been in for over a year. My body fat % is high, weight is low for my height, and if i lose anymore weight, it won't be healthy.

submitted by /u/SmileMattIsHere
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/weQVR1B

No comments:

Post a Comment