Wednesday, April 20, 2022

What is your most helpful mantra?

“You’re not hungry, you’re just bored.”

When supper isn’t for another 2 hours, and I know I objectively have eaten enough but my brain is desperate for dopamine in the form of trail mix or a granola bar or literally any other carbohydrate, I repeat that sentence to myself.

It helps me to take a step back, reevaluate what signals my body is actually sending, and refill my waterbottle because I’m almost certainly thirsty.

Sometimes I’ll decide to have a small protein-rich snack, but more often I’ll be content with water and knowing supper is soon. And either way, I didn’t let my lizard brain boss me around.

What sayings have been valuable to you on your weight loss/fitness/“learning how to eat like a normal human” journey?

submitted by /u/trottinghobbit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/lIsbGLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment