Friday, April 29, 2022

Having trouble feeling good about my progress

5’5 F, started 2019 at 265 and made it to 199 by March 2020, then back to 213 by the end of 2020. Got down to 179 by mid 2021 and ended up hovering between 180 and 190 the rest of the year.

I’ve been committing again since the beginning of 2022 (with a more relaxed approach so I don’t get burnt out like I probably did in the past) and I’m now down to my lowest yet at 175, which is exciting but it’s hard to really feel good about it since it’s been so long and dragged out at this point. And even though I know it’s been harder work than it looks point to point on paper (since I’ve had to compensate for all the fluctuation), its still pretty hard for me to feel celebratory about my progress when my net weight loss since this time last year is basically 5lbs.

It’s also probably not helping that I know if I just kept my momentum from those good streaks I’d be in a much different position! Not feeling super down about it, just having a hard time feeling good about the progress I have made.

I know I’ve come a long way but the slow crawl aspect makes it hard to feel excited or at least motivated off of my momentum like I have during stretches in the past. Any encouragement/advice to power through the slumpy feeling is welcome!! TIA

submitted by /u/ilcsfycsilcsfyfy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/TZqcjnY

No comments:

Post a Comment