Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Win! 🎉

So I generally keep a pretty tight calorie restriction and keep to my macros for my weight loss plan because that's my system and that's the way I want to lose weight. Yesterday though, I baked a whole bunch of cookies for an activity I was helping with and I tasted the dough and had a few cookies (which is a big indulgence for me since I'm doing low carb and I haven't really had a treat like that in months). I didn't worry too much about it because I havent had a single "cheat" day in the past 3 months and I KNOW that one day cannot ruin me or my progress. So I went to my activity and I had dinner and I didn't worry about my calories for the rest of the evening like I usually do. I just paid attention to portions and ate more intuitively.

This morning I went back into MyFitnessPal and decided to estimate my calories from the event just for the heck of it and was EXTREMELY surprised to see that by my estimation, not only did I not eat all that much more than usual for my dinner (maybe 200 cals more than usual at most) but I also didn't eat all that much sweets either and they weren't that many extra calories in my day. I'm a fairly large person still, so my calories for the day (with my activity level) still didn't come up to maintenance calories for the day. It was a nice surprise and honestly made me feel a lot better.

I'm trying to learn good habits for my life as I lose weight right now, and being able to go to events and practice portion control and choosing the healthier options without panicking about entering everything into my manager app right away is really nice. I feel like I'm starting to really get the hang of eating well.

submitted by /u/lambcow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/kV9jcLH

No comments:

Post a Comment