Tuesday, April 12, 2022

To Those Who Tried and Failed Several Times Before Finally Losing the Weight - What Clicked for YOU to Finally LoseIt?

A question to hopefully spark some discussion.

I ask because I have gained and lost the same 10-15lbs for years, but this time it seems different - like a complete 180 degree turn different.

I am able to straight up tell my family members that I need my 30-45 minutes to work out if they stay over for a day or two - something I was too damn embarrassed to even bring up before so I would just skip those days. *Click\*

I am allowing myself to throw away uneaten junk that my family or S/O have in stock without a twinge of a second thought, where as before I would have always tried to eat them within a day or two so 1. They wouldn't go to waste. and 2. So I only wrecked my calorie deficits for 1-2 days instead of spreading it out over a longer period of time.... The only problem with that 'strategy' or lack thereof is that once that mentality started, it almost always spiraled into abandoning the weight loss ship entirely yet again. \Click**

Weigh ins for me are only once a week now instead of every day like my previous attempts. Obsessively checking the scale every single day (sometimes multiple times a day) was just a recipe for failure. 3 or 4 days in a row of seeing a number stay stagnant or go up was enough to deflate any motivation I had, resulting in calorie counting becoming slack, exercise dwindling, you all know the drill. \Click* *Click* *Click**

Additionally, I have found a way to keep exercise enjoyable. After a corrective eye surgery earlier this year, I am able to read books during a steady-state cardio biking routine, making it something I actually look forward to instead of something I have to do. I am more diligently measuring out food and overestimating calorie content so I can ensure that I am eating at a deficit, so the calories lost from cardio are just an added bonus. Also starting out some calisthenics activities, as I have always been on the clumsy side and working in a profession where I am playing with kiddos all day, I have a desire to improve my balance and body control to something a little more graceful than the level of a newborn giraffe. \Click**

And finally, I found you, kind people of reddit. Returning to this sub to read stories of success, failure, and everything in between helps to keep the motivation levels at an all time high. Many pounds lost. Many more to go. This is the longest I have lasted, and there are no signs of me slowing down this time.

These all finally clicked for me. So I ask you, beautiful strangers of reddit - what clicked for you?

submitted by /u/Draw_Goblin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/J2fbMo8

No comments:

Post a Comment