Monday, April 11, 2022

Going to lose it for good this time!

Hi,

39 y/o M. My journey with weight stems far back. I was always the active large kid playing football and baseball. My mother passed when I was 12 and my father was, to be nice, not the best and ensuring we ate the best foods. Mcdonalds for breakfast most days on the way to school. Junk food for lunch (because you know school lunches suck.) Then to sit at his office and typically eat a snack from a convince store then have an abnormally large dinner. This method set me up for disaster. I weighed 305 at 6' playing defensive tackle my senior year of HS. After I chose not to pursue football after HS my eating tendencies never stopped. I gained to 330 by the time I was 25 then pushed over 400 in June of 2020. I would get on kicks for a few months and give up then to only be worse off than I was before. I can count at least 3 times before now of cutting weight of over 50lbs. The #1 thing, in my not so YouTube professional opinion, is the food you consume! I truly believe its 80% diet and 20% exercise to be where you want to be. I am on my last journey to say for weight loss.... I am done... I am over being obese. I started again on December 1,2021 and am not down from 385 at that time to just under 287. Cut calories 12-1500 a day and mainly 35-40%+ of Protein in my diet and no added sugar. (Thankfully I have never been a big sugar soda kind of person!) I find it easier to continue the fight to just say I don't eat that, or I won't eat that food. I have found If our family is going to a restaurant that serves foods outside of what I typically consume I.E burgers and fries. I will order the burger w/o a bun or heavy condiments and have a salad with it instead. This does not mean I do not indulge from time to time it's just not a daily occurrence. I have a love for Mexican food. I do eat a lot of grilled chicken taco salads with lots of hot/spicy items. Aside from food I do exercise 3-4 days a week walking 2-5 miles when I get the chance. I have not done much weight training but currently on the weekends I am working on building some bathroom cabinets and moving heavy objects in my shop. I do intend to level off at some point with my calories/intake and will bring them back to where I should stay at a normal weight. I am tracking my progression and may release the before/after pics when I am comfortable enough to. So far, I am down just over 100lbs... If you are in the same boat keep up the fight. Food is an addiction just the same as drugs are for many.

PS. One of the major reasons to kick this journey off and be successful at it is I have 3 kids. Last August I outlived my mother and I really had a rough time of this. Thanksgiving rolled around and I was hurting mentally and bodily. I said fuck this and set a goal. Goal to start 220.. then on to see where I need to be.

submitted by /u/ContributionUnhappy2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/GaT0Q8e

No comments:

Post a Comment