Monday, April 11, 2022

Weight loss slowed down substantially?

Hi everyone, I’m 20, male, 6’3”, and 287 pounds at the moment. The concern I’m having right now is that two weeks ago, I was 288 pounds, and I measure at the same time and same day of the week. In two weeks, I lost only one pound, but on average I’ve been eating 1500 calories per day in the past week and doing pretty vigorous exercise every day, 30-40 minutes of strength training followed by 30-40 minutes of cardio. I have been gaining muscle, visibly, and I have definitely gotten stronger, as well as my cardio health improving, being able to do higher intensity exercise with a much faster heart rate recovery. So I know I’ve gained muscle, but I just don’t think I’ve gained so much that it would basically conceal fat loss on the scale. I know it’s inaccurate, but according to my Apple Watch, I actively burn more calories that I consume daily, and my total calories are more than double what I consume. I started last week at 288 pounds, and consumed 10,476 calories in the entire week, yet when I measured this morning it was 287.4. I have noticed some visible fat loss, but I have no idea how much in terms of weight because I’m also building muscle. 3 weeks ago I went from 297 to 288 and it’s basically been stuck there. What can I do? Is there any way to measure fat loss vs overall muscle loss?

submitted by /u/ViktorNovikov
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Io0kRnP

No comments:

Post a Comment